Newlayout

Monday, January 19, 2009

This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it
















I felt heavy this morning, so I started singing the song that I've titled this entry. Of course, before I knew it, the heaviness lifted. I look at both my children and am so thankful for the 2 precious gifts God has given us. I am so in love with them! And for my husband - he's a breath of calmness to me, a pillar of strength and support.



I also, really LOVE that he doesn't try and decorate the house...no...he leaves ALL of the decorating up to me and I'm so thankful for that. It thrills me that I don't have a head of some animal up on my wall or some kindof Ninja sword or Emmit Smith shrine in my home. I'm SO glad!

I have to say, I get annoyed when guys try to put their 2 cents into decorating...because all of us girls know they haven't a clue...Of course there's the exception but they're so far and few between. I'm pretty sure they only exist on those decorating shows.

To change the subject:

We had snow today and daddy took Sarah out to play. I asked her if she wanted to go outside and play in the snow and she said, "Can I make an angel and catch snowflakes on my tongue too?"
The other day I dropped a whisk with tomato soup on it on the kitchen rug and I said, "Oh Crap" and Sarah piped up and said, "I know that word." I said, "What do you mean?" and she says, "That means you're really frustrated." HA!!

I didn't even realize I say that word until I found out little ears were listening and I decided it probably wouldn't sound so hot coming out of a 3 year old mouth. So now I say, "Oh Carp." Just kidding...ha!

I have to go and prep her room for painting this week. Be blessed.

No comments: