Newlayout

Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Wild West
















So we're in Arizona visiting my parents, I've never been here before, and it's kindof funny...
This area plays up the "Wild West."
I remember when I first moved to the East and someone asked me if the West had cowboys and open fields everywhere. I said, "um, no." Well I guess I needed to visit Arizona...because YES the West still has cowboys, cattle/horse ranches, and the occasional cow skull. I think they still pan for gold too...
It's neat to see though and the Grand Canyon was amazing! It's a different landscape then what I'm used to seeing but it has it's own beauty. We're going to Sedona in a couple days and I'm really looking forward to seeing the "Painted Desert." I'll post pictures when I get home.
I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving! Here's a yummy casserole recipe for leftover turkey.
1lb turkey
2 cups cooked rice
2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar or monterey)
1/4cup red onion
1 can evaporated milk
2 tblsp butter
2 eggs beaten
Mix everything together in a 2 qt dish and bake at 350 for 40-50 min

No comments: