Newlayout

Friday, October 3, 2008

Our lives before children







We first moved to NY after we were married with Shawn's job (OP's Man) and I worked p/t at RIT. It was good for us to be away from any family but I think 3000 miles away was a bit too much! Although, now, that seems so long ago.



I do have to comment on Lake Ontario - the BIGGEST lake I've ever seen in my life! I couldn't even see the other side - looked like the ocean minus big rolling white waves. It was really neat - especially when Shane took us out on his boat.


After 5 or so months we moved here to an apt. Which had the BIGGEST black 1000-legged bugs I've ever seen in my life! I still don't even know what those things are called but they were black/brown with about 50 legs on each side, 3" long and about 1" across. UGH!!! I just got the shivers...

Shawn stayed with his company and I started working at Princeton University. Met some great people there! We also found a great church and made friends there!

Then we did a little bit of travelling...before children.

Went to Niagara Falls. - yep, it's awesome.

We took a trip to Bermuda! So pretty and such a beautiful color of turquoise water along with a pink sandy beach. Met some cool pirates!

Went to Disneyworld - so fun staying at the Dolphin and visiting different parks each day. Although we're partial to Magic Kingdom...definitely has a bit of "magic." Shane was the BEST host ever!

Went to NYC many many times...novelty has definitely worn off by now! But it's always fun to hop on the train and go to dinner and a Broadway show.

Saw the devastation of 9/11...on 10/11...absolutely heart wrenching seeing all the candle vigils and pictures of missing people. My sister was with us visiting...

Went to Wash. DC. and got to be in the same room when the House voted on the war in Iraq.

Went to see how the Amish live in PA. Very interesting, I thought.

This all seems so long ago...before children.






No comments: