Newlayout

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Need to blog...

So I'll get some things out before bedtime (kids are sleeping so why am I not sleeping?)
It seems like everytime they're in bed I try to get stuff done - it's my free time I guess. Then I get so tired during the day because I haven't got as much sleep as I need to. It's a vicious cycle... waaaaahhhhh!
I had a ladies tea at my church tonight.
I think it went pretty good. I did a devotional on Fruit of the Spirit. I think it's pretty cool that when I start doing a study to "teach" other's - I learn new things myself.
I sometimes wonder if anyone gets anything out of them or are they just meant for me!
My latest discovery on the Fruit (found in Galatians 5:22) is that I don't need to strive to be "good" - I need to strive to be like Christ and natural results will be fruit.
Seems so easy when I see it typed out...
I also found The Message translation on self-control particularly interesting:
“A person without self-control is like a house with it’s doors and windows knocked out.” Proverbs 25:28
I have never thought of self-control in this manner before...
With this translation it seems that when I don't practice self-control it leaves me vulnerable and open to the outside world - anyone could come and steal something from me.

So all in all I think everything went good. Of course, after I'm done, I always think of something else I could've done or not done but I prayed about it and I'm leaving it there.
Although I do want to give my husband kudos for his help with everything - he's so supportive when I do things like this. He gave me my centerpiece ideas as well! I'm so proud! My years of watching decorating shows is paying off! LOL!

Okay I'm exhausted....goodnight...

No comments: